The Hotel with its 22 rooms, which has been inherited from generation to generation, is a charming family hotel and an attraction in itself, located in the middle of the world`s best tourist destination, according to National Geographic. The hotel has been owned by the same family since 1690 and is the oldest family-run hotel in Norway, with over 380 years of history.
The hotel lies in the middle of the best that Norway has to offer. Majestic mountains, sparkling glaciers, clear blue fjords with a dash of culture, peace and great local food. The kitchen serves fresh seafood from the fjord, mushrooms and venison from the forests and even juicy apples and berries from the surrounding farms.
For breakfast, which is also served in the restaurant, you will find home-baked bread and jam made from the produce of our own garden.
– Basic knowledge of food and wine, and a strong interest in them
– Excellent spoken English – Norwegian a bonus, Swedish a double bonus
– Barista experience
– Happy and positive attitude
– Work experience as an a la carte Waiter or Waitress minimum 3-5 years
– Active listening and effective communication skills
– A desire to help people
– Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
– Team spirit. Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
Working period: start ASAP – end of summer
Salary: 190-210 NOK/h before taxes + additionals and holiday compensation
Accommodation: We will help to find accommodation (~3000 NOK/month)
The average working hours per week is 40 h.
The approximate monthly salary with normal hours is 200*168*10,2%= 37027 NOK before taxes (vacation money and overtime addition of 50% would be paid at the end of the contract). Taxes are ~25%.
Overtime addition: 50% (summarized working time with the calculation period of the whole working period).
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org