We are looking for a motivated head chef to run and further develop the kitchen. We are looking for someone who is interested in food and understands the total experience for the guest.
Alta is one of the northernmost towns in Norway and the largest town in Finnmark. In the summer you can experience the midnight sun and in the winter you can see the spectacular northern lights.
The restaurant is a combined café and à la carte restaurant. They offer excellent meeting and conference facilities with bright and airy rooms that can host up to 650 participants.
Food and drink are an important part of the hotel stay, and every day our kitchen colleagues gather to help each other create good dining experiences. The head chef's main task is to ensure that both guests and employees are happy, while at the same time we create profitability.
The head chef has overall operational and managerial responsibility for the kitchen and facilities.
This includes, among other things:
• Personnel responsibility, including recruitment, training and development of employees
• Responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the department and the decisions that are made
• Budget and results responsibility, including time management, cost control and gross profit
• Responsibility for the quality of the kitchen, including training and follow-up of quality standards, as well as Scandic food & beverage concepts
• Responsibility for IK food, cleaning and safety
• Menu development and purchasing according to Scandic supplier policy
• Contribute to a good working environment and cooperation with colleagues in the kitchen and with various departments
• Follow routines for organic and certified products and source sorting
• Contribute to reduce food waste
• Ensure that laws, health, environmental and safety regulations are followed
The kitchen currently has 5 skilled chefs including the head chef and assistant and 2 breakfast managers + several additional workers (kitchen helpers)
ASAP - 31.10.2024
3000/NOK per month. Temporary accommodation at the hotel
240.00 - 240.00 NOK/h
Average working hours is
162.50 / month
The approximate salary with normal hours is
240.00 * 162 * 12.00% = 43680.00 NOK
before taxes (~25.00)
Night time addition
Evening time addition
National holiday addition
Overtime and vacation money will be paid at the end of the contract.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com